Larie's Blog

Friday, November 24, 2006

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

Today was my thanksgiving since I was at work from about 6:30 am to 7:30 pm yesterday. Today was my day off and I enjoyed sleeping in, making dressing and pumpkin pie and studying a bit of academia. We had dressing, mashed potatos with gravy, sweet potatos, cranberry sauce, olives, spinach and broccoli, and pumpkin pie. Delicious!

I am a bit on the sad side now that it is the rainy season again and it is dark when I go to work and dark when I get home every day. I am really not used to living this far north. It is sundown at 4:30pm. Can you believe that!?! It's crazy!
But I am doing quite well with my light box which really seems to help and we put up christmas lights in our house a few weeks ago, so that is warm and inviting. And it is not so bad to burrow under a pile of warm blankets on a nice soft couch and read something on a rainy day (they are all rainy now). Now if only I didn't have to go to work... just kidding...I am actually more inspired than ever to study and learn medicine since I am already about halfway done with my residency and I definitely don't feel like I really know what I am doing yet although it is coming along.
God is good! I am looking forward to going home for Christmas in the next few weeks. I really would love to swing by AdventHOPE, too, but it will be a little challenging this year since I used a large chunk of vacation time already when I was with my Mom for her surgery. You are all in my thoughts and prayers.
I have to work tomorrow but should have a pretty nice day on by myself since we only have 4 patients right now. I hope to get home early and enjoy the rest of the Sabbath.
Happy Sabbath to all of you!!!

1 Comments:

At 10:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Larie,
I am glad you had a nice thanksgiving! I got back from India a couple of days before that and spent the day with some friends here. India was absolutely great! You must go if you get a chance sometime. It's an utterly different world.... Miss you!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home